We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Cousins. Buds.

This picture of Gavin & Alarik from our Moms and Kids 2015 camping trip was my favorite of the whole trip.  It makes me happy that my kids get to be so close to their cousins and I want to make sure to capture that relationship on various scrapbook pages.

I always love some plaid and the manly color palette of this one was great for an outdoorsy page.  I created my title by mounting Tim Holtz Idea-ology alphas on plain grey cardstock.  I used the same cardstock for my photo mat and journaling block.  I created the bullet points on my journaling block with big silver brads.  I couldn't tell you the last time I used a brad before this page!
I added a few fabric camping themed stickers and now that I'm looking at this page with fresh eyes I see that the tent and fire are just kind of floating out there on their own.  I need to work on not doing that as now I notice many, many times that I've done that on pages.  These are older pages that I hadn't yet posted and I do think I did a better job on my more recent batch of work.

I just started listening to Debbie Hodge's 12-lesson scrapbooking introduction on GetItScrapped.com and I'm hoping that will help me pick up a few basic design principles.  As I note in our blog header, we are not designers and don't typically follow scrapbooking "rules" but that doesn't mean I can't pick up a few pointers to improve my pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment