We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Friday, October 28, 2016

Waterpark 2015

I feel so off-kilter blogging about these pages out of order!  Sigh...I may have a problem...

For this page about our 2015 trip to the Edge Waterpark, I picked a bright and fun striped background that went really well with the bright colors of the waterpark and Bekah's swimsuit.  I accented the white matted photos with brightly colored alphas forming my short title and some little flowers.  I know what you might be thinking:  there are no flowers in water parks and you claim to be a literal scrapbooker.  Well, I guess I deviated!
At the time of making this page, I didn't feel the need to journal.  This waterpark trip has become an annual tradition.  I felt like I had nothing to say other than, "we went to the waterpark again this year".  I've been listening to older episodes of the Paperclipping Roundtable podcast and one thing that was mentioned in reference to scrapping holidays or other things that happen every year was to think about what was different about the particular year you are scrapping and put that in the journaling.  Especially for pages for kid's albums, the kids are a year older each time so you can include details about new and different things they could try, their differing reactions to everything and the ways their growth was illustrated.  I am going to keep that in mind for future pages because not having journaled is always something I come to regret later.

No comments:

Post a Comment