We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Another Cozy Christmas Page

Alarik's Christmas 2015 page is another one that I used the Cozy Christmas collection by My Mind's Eye for.  There was a time when I never would have done a page with a single photo.  I considered it a waste of a page and just a way to "show off" product.  I've always wanted my pages to be all about the photos.  But I have learned the joy and of a single-photo layout and also realized that I don't always need ALL the good snapshots to tell the story. 
I am not much for following design principles in my scrapbooking.  In fact, the only two I even know of are the rule of thirds and the visual triangle, and I think I used them both on this page!  Guess what is missing though...journaling.  Doh!  And I started out so well with that goal.  I may have to go back and add it to this page because there is a fun story behind the two giraffes in the photo that I should record.

No comments:

Post a Comment