We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Scott Winter Fun


The last few snowflake stickers that I used on Alarik's winter page got used up here on Scott's.  I also did a similar pennant border but with pre-made kraft paper pennant banners bought at Hobby Lobby.  I used more kraft paper to mat my photos.

I've mentioned before about how nut-so I am about having my kids' books in chronological order.  I keep a list of the photos/events I have to scrap, notes about whether I last left off with a one-page or two-page spread and I consult both before I decide on a layout for my next pages.  So imagine my dismay when I went to put our last batch of scrapbook pages in the albums and found that I'd already completed the planned one-page spread of Scott's winter photos.  This is the one I did earlier.  Well...what to do...?  This isn't the first time I've done this and my preferred solution is to just leave a blank spot.  I'd rather waste one space in the album than have things out of order.  I have gone back and created layouts to fill those spaces when I can find photos that fit.  One of the things I've had good luck using is pages from photo calendars after the year is over.  I love to order photo calendars from Snapfish or York Photo, but then hate to throw away the big photos with the fun backgrounds.  Using them as page fillers has worked great on several occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment