We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Friday, March 6, 2015

Banning State Park

One of the things I focused on during our last scrapping session was journaling. I am not good at journaling.  I don't like my handwriting, I don't like my "voice" when I write.  I feel like my style of writing takes away from the story the photos tell.  BUT, when looking back through all the albums I've made, I find myself wishing there was more journaling.  At the time I am making a page, the story seems obvious.  We camped, or it was the first day of school, or Halloween or whatever the case may be.  But it's hard to remember the details as time goes on so I told myself I would work on that.  I don't think I'll ever be a long-winded story-teller, but I managed to write at least something on the majority of the pages I made that weekend.

Here's an example.  I made a page for each kid of photos taken during a quick stop at Banning State Park.  Pretty obvious what we were doing, right?  But I added a journaling block to each page to give a little more detail. 

Supplies used on Bekah's page:
OLD alpha stickers, I believe from Oriental Trading Co?
Echo Park The Great Outdoors paper (tree, footprint and "take a hike" embellishments cut from that)

Supplies used on Alarik's page:
Colorbok Mega Limbo Black alpha stickers
K & Company Life's Little Occasions Camping Sticker Medley
Echo Park The Great Outdoors plaid paper
Supplies used on Scott's page:
WeRMemory Keepers Happy campers paper
Reminisce Genuine Boy alpha stickers
Echo Park The Great Outdoors stickers (paw prints and compass)
Me & My Big Ideas camping stickers (take a hike)

No comments:

Post a Comment