We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Reunion Road Trip

Next up on my to-do list for our scrapping weekend was a page for each of the kids on our road trip to the family reunion in the Black Hills last summer.  I was dreading these pages because I had so many pictures I wanted to include.  I had spent a lot of time many months ago narrowing down the photos, cropping and sizing them, and then printing and cutting them.  So really I had the hard part done by the time I got ready to actually put the pages together.  There are only so many ways you can layout a page with 18 or more photos, so I lined them all up basically in the order of the trip.  I had an idea to trace the southern halves of South Dakota and Minnesota right onto my page and mark all the places we stopped, but that was rather daunting so Steph convinced me to just free-hand a road and mark the stops along my drawing.  Turned out much more "cutesy" which is perfect for the kids' pages.  Thanks, Steph!  I had zero supplies that were road trip themed but Steph had a couple different sticker packs by Momenta and The Paper Studio so I pilfered from her stash.  Thanks again, Steph!  :)

 Alarik's full spread:

This one is Bekah's:

And here is Scott's:
All three spreads use pretty much the same photos with a couple photos of just that kid mixed in for good measure.

3 comments: