We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Alarik's Blankies

Every once in a great while, a page turns out just how you pictured it in your head. This is one of those pages for me:

So many people made baby blankets for Alarik. I found myself wondering which one would become his favorite and imagined myself telling him all about who made it for him and the story behind it. Then I started to worry that I'd forget the details so I figured, what better way to document it than with a scrapbook page?


I did a photo shoot with Alarik propped on the blankets all folded and stacked, took a close-up of the stack, then took a shot of each blanket laid out. For my page layout, I put a 5x7 print of the stacked photo front and center and branched out from it to a small print of each blanket and a handwritten note about who made it and if there was anything else special about it.

For my title, I spelled "Alarik's" with punch out letters by Colorbok and then cut the letters for "Blankies" from extra prints of the blanket photos using a Fiskars cutter and alpha cutting templates. I matted the title on a sage green cardstock and used more of the same to mat the photo of Alarik. Everything is mounted on a distressed blue and white polka dot patterned paper from a D.C.W.V. Christmas paper stack.

No comments:

Post a Comment