We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Scott's First Birthday

We can't have nothing but Christmas around here, even though it IS December, so here's a page about Scott's first birthday.

For the background, I scrap-lifted a very simple idea I saw in a book, choosing navy, gold and brown as my three colors.
I had a couple pictures of Scott with his cake that I wanted myself cropped out of but it didn't work to crop into any normal shape so I ended up making the photos into pyramid type shapes and I placed them into the corners of my color blocks so they didn't seem quite so strange. I hand wrote my journaling around the bottom picture. The stickers were a dollar store find and I love how great the colors matched up.
I used acrylic squares from Oriental Trading Co. to set off the corners of my background rectangles on the right-hand side of my spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment