We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Holy Birthday, Batman!

I created this page about Scott's 4th birthday at a time when I felt like I didn't have much on hand for scrapbooking supplies. Now, just because I felt like I didn't have much, doesn't mean I much, but it's hard to feel inspired with the same old stuff you've been looking at for months and months. Still, I think I managed to create a pretty cool page using just the most basic supplies.

First, I picked a bright yellow, blue and gray cardstock for my background and picture mats. I silhouetted my photos and then made my mats in shapes that I thought resembled a comic book style. The only photo I left uncropped was the one of the cake by itself and that I matted off-center on a square of gray cardstock.I created my title by searching for a free Batman font online and then I just printed the title using that font on photo paper and cut it out in the same sharp, choppy style as my photo mats. The Batman stickers are from a sticker book that Scott received for his birthday. My last step was to use up some of my scraps from the photo mats as accents on the corners of my pages.
Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment