We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Birdhouse

For these pages about the kids building my Mother's Day present, I started with a 12x12 sheet of printed paper for each. For Scott's I chose a sky print. I ran a strip of black cardstock across the top and made my title with rub on alphas. I matted two 4x6 photos of the work in progress on a large piece of pastel striped paper. Another, wider, black strip of cardstock along the bottom serves as a backdrop for my silhouette cut of one of my photos, a small photo of the finished product and a small bit of journaling.


For Bekah's page, I chose a flower print background and a light blue patterned paper for my main photo mats. The same pastel striped paper as I used for Scott's is also on Bekah's as a small photo mat and a journaling block. I made the title with round alpha stickers, mounting some of them on small squares of my light blue patterned paper.
The birds on both kids' pages are paper piecings done with patterns found at scrapbooksetc.com
I had never done paper piecing before and this little bird was a cute and easy one to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment