We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Home is Where Your Story begins
















This page is one I made about the house that we lived in for 8 years before moving back to my hometown about an hour away. I stamped my title on a piece of paper, tore the edges and placed a brad in each corner. There are three pictures of the main rooms in the house and a picture of the outside of the house on the left hand page. I labeled these pics by adding a small piece of paper attached with brads to each photo and journaling on them. On the right hand page I added one more photo with a journaling tag. I had more than one photo of each of the kids' bedrooms, but not enough room for all of them on the page so I created some photo "books" with cardstock, hinges and brads. I cut a piece of cardstock to fit down the sides of the pictures- I used this paper for journaling after the books were assembled. Then I stacked the pics and added the strips of paper to the top of the stack. I used the brads that went through the right side of the hing to "bind" the book together. The left side of the hinges I attached to the page with brads. To make it so you can look at this page in an album I had to cut my page protector to allow the pages of my photo books to be able to turn. On another piece of torn paper I added the address and phone number of our old home using metal alpha and numeric accents.




No comments:

Post a Comment