We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chores and Allowance

For this single page about Bekah doing chores and earning allowance, I started with a solid light blue sheet of 12x12 cardstock. I jazzed it up with strips of paper from a 12x12 stack by D.C.W.V. I used two pieces of striped patterned paper and bordered each of them with narrower strips of a flower print paper in coordinating colors. I placed my two landscape photos on the patterned papers and added my third photo at an angle in the bottom right corner of the page.
The title is made from two different alpha sets. The large "C" "&" and "A" are Tin Types adhesive letters from Prima Marketing which I ordered on peachycheap.com. The remainder of the letters in the words "Chores" and "Allowance" are punch out alphas from a stack by Colorbok. I mounted a piece of light purple cardstock on more of the same striped paper that I used for the background and used that for my journaling. I finished the page off with some real life embellishments which included prints of a scanned dollar bill and a cut photo of a My Little Pony to show what Bekah spent her first earnings on.

No comments:

Post a Comment