We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Calendar Pages

These are among my most favorite pages I've ever done, partly because the idea was an original of mine that I didn't scraplift from anyone else and partly because they really sum up my whole scrapbooking goal which is to fully chronicle Scott and Bekah's childhoods.

I came up with the idea of using pictures of the everyday moments in their lives to show a sort of "day in the life" theme. I thought that using a planner style background would be cute but I couldn't find anything like that in stores or online so I just made my own. Rather than get fussy with perfectly spaced, straight lines, I just slung 'em on there...after all, life with kids isn't neat or perfect, right? On the left-hand side of the spread I added a "notes" column to make it look even more like a page from a daily planner.
I silhouette cut the pictures so I would have room for them all and then added hand-written tasks and times that went with each picture.


I used primary colored foam letter stickers that I found at the local 99-cent store for the title.

Then I made the same type of page for Scott.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT idea! I love it! I think I will have to scraplift it from you some day when I have kiddos! :)

    ReplyDelete