We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Bekah Is 2!

I actually made this page twice because I hated how I did it the first time. Sometimes I look back at the early pages I did and cringe because they are "awful" compared to the style I like now, but this is one of the few pages I have taken apart and redone. I can't even remember what it looked like the first time, but here's what it looks like now: I used a blue polka-dotted background from a stack by D.C.W.V. The pictures are matted on white cardstock and the title and journaling block are on orange cardstock. The rub-on photo captions and title letters are from Memory Makers. Bekah's party when she turned 2 was Nemo so I used Nemo stickers I purchased at Michael's as accents on the page.

Just as a side note, I'm really not an advocate of re-making pages. I've only ever done so a few times, though, like I said, there are pages I cringe at and would like to re-do if I had the time. But I try to remind myself that the reason I scrapbook isn't to have every spread I do be of award-winning quality. My goal is to document my kid's lives and to preserve the memories for them to have always. I think the "bad" pages show where I was at in my scrapbooking skills at that time so I shouldn't try to re-do everything every time my style changes a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment