We are Steph and Angie - sisters who love to scrapbook. We don't know design, we aren't color experts and we usually only get to scrapbook a few times a year. But, we love our families and scrapbooking our memories with them so here we are!

We'll try not to bog you down with long supply lists and explanations (half the time we can't remember what we used or it's such old stuff that you'd never find it anywhere anyway!)

Please feel free to "scrap-lift" any of our ideas that strike your fancy, and if you are a scrapbooker with your own blog, please link back to us!

Click on any photo for a larger view.

Friday, January 15, 2010

HOT OFF THE PRESS...er, scrap table I guess. Christmas Page!

I just made this page last weekend when Steph and I got together Saturday AND Sunday to scrap...what fun!

I combined a bunch of different ideas from the Big Book of Scrapbooking that I got for Christmas. The title, "Her eyes how they TWINKELD, Her dimple how MERRY" was done on two separate tags that I made with a tag maker. The picture of my daughter with her dimple showing fit the title perfectly! I uploaded the picture to picnik.com and played with the different effects until I found one I liked (can't remember which one...sorry!) I strung red and white fibers across the top of the page and threaded them through eyelets on either side. I hung the title tags with the same fibers, securing them with foam adhesive so they stayed in place.

Sewing on a page is something I've always wanted to do. I started by tearing and crumpling the off-white pieces, then I machine-stitched them to the red background paper, sewing in random horizontal and vertical lines with lots of back stitching. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and with how easy it was...I'll definitely be doing it again!
I finished the page with some vintage style Christmas stickers.

1 comment: